Scriptures that guides our worship are
- Hebrews 13:15 (NIV): Through Jesus,therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise—the fruit of lips that openly profess his name.
- Ephesians 5:19-20: As you sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs among yourselves, singing and making melody to the Lord in your hearts, giving thanks to God the Father at all times and for everything in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ
Our desire is to offer to our loving God a vibrant worship that is rendered from our heart and consistent in our everyday lives.
Three elements crucial for us to lead to a vibrant and truthful worship are:
- Worship that is Christ-centered: We center Christ in our singing and music, hence it becomes important for us to incorporate songs that speak of the life, ministry, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. By being sensitive to the Holy Spirit, we lead others to encounter God and God’s work: God’s presence, touch, salvation, and healing, etc.,
- Worship that is inclusive in nature: We believe that it is only in the whole that we can understand the “image of God” (Gen 1:27-28). Hence, at HFA church, we are intentional in creating spaces for all cultures and languages so together with all of them; we can find our expression of worship and pray, “Our Father in heaven” (Matthew 6:9)
- Worship ministry that provides spiritual worship environment (“singing spiritual songs” Eph. 5:19): Worship team as congregants are encouraged to make melodies in heart, share words of wisdom, share prophetic voices, pray etc., in the context of love.
If you want to be part of the worship team through your gifts of singing and playing of any instruments, please contact our worship coordinators Nury Vittachi or Barjona Fonning.