At Hope For All Church we believe the gospel message for christian faith and practice as expressed in the Apostles Creed.
The Apostles’ Creed
I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried; he descended to the dead.* On the third day he rose again; he ascended into heaven, he is seated at the right hand of the Father, and he will come to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.
*or “he descended into hell,” another translation of this text in widespread use.
We are from diverse community and from many christian traditions, yet united by Christ and hold fast to the following beliefs with the church around the world:
- Trinity: We believe in the three personhood of God revealed in the history of humanity: God the father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.
- Salvation by Grace: We believe that we cannot earn salvation but we as sinners are saved by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. We believe that this grace does not remain static but results in transformed lives of holiness and justice. It leads us to become like Christ.
- Authority of the Bible: We believe that the bible as God’s word has authority to align/correct us in God’s truth (II Tim 3:16) in matters of faith and Christian practice.
- Personal God: We believe God is involved in and cares about our daily life. God who comes to us in the person of Jesus Christ is, therefore, calls for a personal relationship with him.
- Identity in Christ: Our true identity is found in Christ as his children made in the image of God.
- Church: We believe that the church is the people/community of believers. The head of the church is Christ. This church is God’s primary way to accomplish his purposes on earth. This church is also not perfect but being perfected into his likeness for Jesus’s return.
- Humanity: We believe that humanity is created and loved by God and are in need of Jesus for their salvation of sins.
- Compassion: We believe God calls all Christians to show compassion to those in need.
- Eternity: We believe that there is eternal life and eternal death, and believe Jesus Christ is returning to judge the earth and establish his eternal kingdom.
- Stewardship: We believe everything we are or own belongs to God.