Part-time Youth Minister
Hope For All Church is an inclusive, multi-cultural and multi-economic English-speaking church established in Hong Kong in 2017. Our mission is to be an inclusive body of Jesus Christ that is a living manifestation of the kingdom of God, mediating God’s love, hope, holiness, grace, justice, peace, and wisdom to the local community. Our vision is for each person to develop a deep relationship with Jesus Christ through passionate worship, the word of God, community activities, and sharing the love (good news) of Jesus Christ.
At Hope For All Church, we want to nurture our youth in God’s care. Our vision is for each youth to develop a deep relationship with Jesus Christ through passionate worship, the word of God, fun-filled activities, and sharing the love (good news) of Jesus Christ.
Our vision for youth ministry is for everyone to know and experience the love of Christ and represent Christ’s love in their community. We aim to provide a loving, nurturing environment that enables each youth to grow in the confidence that they are wonderfully made by a loving creator and has a unique purpose and call in this world.
We seek a faithful, adaptable, servant leader and compassionate Youth Minister to lead our youth and become part of the Hope For All Church staff team. This is a part-time starting ten-hour position working under the Pastors, primarily with individual youth and parents of the Church and neighbourhood community youth.
Preferred time (can be flexible on weekends):
Sundays: 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
Wednesdays: 1 pm – 4 pm
Friday/Saturday: 3 pm -7 pm
Duties and Responsibilities
Work with emerging youth in the church and with the unchurched ethnic minority (1.5 plus generation).
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Leadership – Cast gospel vision, direction, development, and management for all aspects of the ministry. Set a ministry target and construct a back-way step to accomplish the mission.
· Engage, disciple, and build a personal and team relationship with youth in the congregation and the city.
· Work in liaison between Sunday School and Young-adult ministry of the church.
· Other duties as required and requested by Church Pastors.
Education & Experience:
• Calling to youth ministry and life of the church.
• A self-starter and a good role model.
• Understands psychological and spiritual development in youth.
• Team player with practical, relational skills.
• Language: Fluent in English is a must. The ability to speak Cantonese and any minority languages would be a plus.
• Education: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
• Experience: At least one year of experience working with a youth ministry.
We offer a standard salary to the right candidate which includes medical insurance.
If you wish to apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org